STD Full Form
What is the Full form of STD?
STD Full Form : ( sti full form is Sexually transmitted infections also referred to as sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) also called venereal diseases or VD.
What causes STDs?
spread by sexual activity
- HIV, chlamydia, genital herpes, genital warts, gonorrhea, some forms of hepatitis
- syphilis, and trichomoniasis are STDs.
- person is at high risk if he is having
- more than one sex partner
- sex with someone who has had many partners
- don’t use a condom when having sex
- share needles when injecting intravenous drugs
Signs of developing STD
- vaginal discharge
- penile discharge
- ulcers on or around the genitals
- pelvic pain
Risk Factors of STD
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Ectopic pregnancies
- reproductive tract cancer in severe circumstances.
Strategies to prevent STDs
In order to prevent STDs a person should avoid
- unprotected sex
- sex with multiple partners
BIOLOGY NOTES >> https://proreaders.in/biology-notes/